Saturday, November 12, 2011

Easy Acorn Squash and Pumpkin Soup





























Hi Friend,
I attended a cooking demo by Andrea Tortorella who is a holistic health counselor. She made lots of easy soups, perfect for the fall and winter months to come. I tried the pumpkin soup at home, it was so easy and yummy, thought I share the recipe. I love the colors and the shapes of winter squash, but to be honest I didn't know the little ones you see in the stores and farmers markets are eatable.  BUT THEY ARE!!!!  So here is what you need to do, Buy a few, any color you wish, I picked an acorn squash and a small pumpkin.
































Cut them in half and with a spoon take the seeds out. Then sprinkle some sea salt inside. drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and put them in the oven for 20-30 minutes on 370'F.































Take them out let them sit for 15 minutes to cool. then scoop out the flesh, put it in a blender with almond milk, and what ever spice you feel like. (or use what I have recommended) puree and serve!

My Ingredients:
1 Acorn Squash
1 Small Pumpkin
1 Cup Almond Milk
1/2 TSP Cumin
1/2 TSP Sea Salt
1/2 TSP Fresh Cracked Pepper
A few drops of lemon juice and olive oil

And that's it, Try it and enjoy!

P.S. I only used half of each squash in the recipe, and used the other half to serve it in. make sure you cut a very small piece off of the bottom of the squash before you bake it so it sits flat when you serve in it. Also don't forget about the very healthy Pumpkin Muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment