Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Eat Your Veggies

After all of the over eating during the holidays, we decide to eliminate meat from our diet for all of January. It really was not that hard because we don't eat that much of it anyways.  There was a couple of week moments when we were around family (although they were all very supportive of our decision) and at a restaurant where I always get the blackened salmon salad (Yummmm), but we managed to get through it with out cheating.  The picture above is Miso Sesame Winter Squash, made and photographed by Heidi of 101 Cookbooks, one of my favorite vegetarian food blogs. I promise major drooling if you visit her blog.

Maybe you are wondering if I feel any different, I feel a bit more energetic, I don't get tired as much. Cooking is much faster when you are dealing with veggies, and beens are so easy. It has made me eat much cleaner if that makes sense. I was able to do a couple of 5K runs, which I had not done since I had Baby B. I know there are so many other factors when it comes to how I feel and how my body responds to what I ask of it, but I strongly believe that having a plant based diet plays a major part. It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment